Fritters are absolutely our guilty pleasure – I mean let’s be honest, who doesn’t love fried food? Although we try to avoid fried food, sometimes it’s important to include comfort food in your diet. These fritters are the perfect balance between comfort and healthy – just wait until you try them!!
We decided to serve these deliciously crispy fritters with a side of our favorite vegan coconut yogurt and a splash of lemon juice to increase how refreshing this recipe is! Feel free to garnish these fritters however you like, and share your favorite garnishes in the comments below!
If you wanted to make this recipe healthier, you can try baking them until they become golden brown to make this recipe oil-free. You can also use coconut oil to fry them, which is a healthier cooking oil alternative.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Zucchini Cauliflower Fritters
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 vegan flaxseed eggs
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the zucchini and add to food processor.
- Place blended zucchini in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Let it rest for 5 minutes – to help remove the moisture a lot easier.
- With a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth, drain the water of out the blended zucchini so that the fritters do not fall apart later on.
- Steam the entire cauliflower head for 7-10 minutes until a medium softness. Roughly chop and add to food processor.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the cauliflower
- Mix blended cauliflower with blended zucchini. Add dry ingredients and flaxseed eggs. Mix well.
- If the mixture is too wet, you can always add a little flour – this is why the draining steps are very important!
- Fry with favorite cooking oil (we used coconut oil) until golden brown on each side. TIP: Baking is also an option for those seeking a healthier version of this recipe!
- Serve with coconut yogurt and a splash of lemon juice!
- ENJOY 🙂