Want to impress your friends for a vegan BBQ or for a gathering? You have come to the right place! Not only is this Teriyaki Tofu Slider recipe everything you need and more… these Homemade Buns are on a whole other level of deliciousness! As soon as the flavors of the Teriyaki sauce soak into the bun… it is GAME OVER – your friends and family will be begging you to make some more!
Have fun with this recipe too – add your favorite toppings and even a side of red cabbage slaw to add some vibrant colors! It is NEVER too early to have a pre-summer BBQ with the perfect vegan slider – especially one that is not a veggie burger. It is so nice to switch things up and create a twist on the classic veggie burger. Just because we are vegan doesn’t mean we don’t like some variety in our meals 😉 Let us know what you choose to top off your sliders!
The Homemade Buns can also be used for breakfast or as a snack! They last a super long time, and can be eaten with your favorite jam, almond butter, or even just plain vegan butter (that’s how good they are ;)). PLUS they are super quick and easy to make with very few ingredients. Don’t underestimate the simplicity of this recipe – They are DELICIOUS!
If you try this recipe, make sure to let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #LivinVegan on Instagram!
Check out the recipe below!
Teriyaki Tofu Slider
- 14 oz tofu roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain the liquid from the tofu – wrap the tofu with a kitchen towel and place something heavy on top of the block of tofu. Let the water from the tofu drain for about an hour.
- Roughly chop the tofu.
- Combine all ingredients to make the Teriyaki sauce.
- Simmer the Teriyaki sauce in a pan on medium for 10 minutes.
- Add roughly chopped tofu to the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve your Teriyaki Tofu on Homemade Buns with your favorite toppings!
- Enjoy 🙂
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs coconut oil melted
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbs ground flax seeds & 3 tbs water
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing ingredients. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of electric mixer, add the yeast & warm water, stir, then let it sit until it bubbles.
- In another mixing bowl, add almond milk, coconut oil, sugar, salt and the flax egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add the mixture from the previous step to the electric mixer. Stir until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt slowly to the electric mixing bowl. Stir everything together until it forms a roughly well mixed dough.
- Knead the dough on low speed with the electric mixer for about 10 minutes or you can knead the dough by hand. You will know when the dough is ready if you poke it and it bounces back 🙂
- Add olive to coat the dough properly.
- Cover the bowl containing the dough with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm area. The dough will begin to rise, so keep an eye on it until it early doubles in size! This takes about an hour.
- Once the dough has doubled, throw some flour on your cutting board or work space, and move your dough to the area.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces to shape them into balls.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, place the dough balls and let them rise again. They will look bigger and puffier. This may take 30 minutes or so.
- Brush your dough balls with the melted coconut oil to achieve a brownish look
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the dough balls in oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Let the buns cool first before serving!
- Enjoy! 🙂