When people think of tahini, they usually think of hummus or a salad dressing. However, we are here to break such narrow thinking, which we can all be guilty of! These Tahini Maple Cookies will demonstrate how versatile tahini can be 🙂
On this beautiful rainy day, we were inspired to create a cookie that would feel comforting, yet not overwhelming sweet (and somewhat healthier)! The maple syrup and the tahini creates a perfect balance for those looking for a savory-sweet cookie, and those who like adventuring with their ingredients!
Tahini is an ingredient that you will always find in our kitchen! Now that we have discovered a new way to incorporate tahini in our homemade baking, we will be testing and trying new recipes with this middle-eastern ingredient! Share with us how you have incorporating tahini in your vegan recipes in the comment section below or on Instagram (@livinlaveganlife)!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Tahini Maple Cookies
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 vegan eggs 1tbs of ground flaxseeds –> 3 tbs of water
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Make your vegan eggs, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once vegan eggs are ready, in a mixer, add tahini, maple syrup, and vegan eggs. Make sure a well mixed consistency is achieved before moving onto the next step.
- Add baking soda, sea salt, and almond flour. Mix until a combined consistency is achieved.
- Pour out the sesame seeds in a separate bowl.
- Scoop out your dough, and roll into a ball using your hands. Roll the ball of dough in the sesame seeds until fully covered.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down for a few minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂