It’s time to pull out your grill and go to the farmer’s markets to source your favorite veggies. People always ask us as vegans… how do you eat so many veggies all the time? The thing is that veggies are super versatile – there are so many ways to prepare them. However, one of the best ways to cook your veggies during the Summer is to roast and season them to perfection!
It is so important to support your local farmer’s market, instead of shopping at the grocery store. You usually get the veggies & fruits in your hands when they are much more fresh and organic. Don’t be afraid to ask about how clean the veggies are, especially if you are unable to source organic produce. It can be helpful to know what pesticides or chemicals are being used (if any!) and to avoid buying.
Another great reason to shop at your local farmer’s market is to explore the different fruits and veggies that are available. You will be surprised at how much produce is missing from your grocery stores. This is the time to venture out and try new fresh ingredients. Add new colors and flavors to your recipes – this is what makes cooking so much fun! Let us know about your trips to the farmer’s market and what gems you took with you!
If you try the recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Summer Seasoned Roasted Veggies
- 3 tbs of liquid aminos
- 2 tbs of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cauliflower head chopped
- 1 lbs brussels sprouts
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 F
- Chop all of your favorite veggies – we used cauliflower, bell peppers and brussels sprouts. Add your veggies in a baking sheet when ready
- In a mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients for the marinate and mix well.
- Pour the marinate over the veggies, making sure they are well coated.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir the veggies occasionally to make sure they get evenly roasted.
- Enjoy 🙂