Let us greet this delicious Spinach Cream Soup just in the time for the beginning of Spring!
Topped of with crunchy homemade vegan croutons, this Spinach Cream Soup is bright, light, and super tasty!
Our bodies naturally gravitate towards lighter foods as we continue in the Spring season, which makes this the perfect recipe. The dark green leaves help detoxify the body, and increase fiber intake. As vegans, it is vital to include dark leafy greens in our daily diet for essential nutrients that sustain our overall health and energy. Our Spinach Cream Soup is yet another way to include dark leafy greens (and yes it is still super delicious!).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Spinach Cream Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs of vegan butter
- 5 cups of raw spinach
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the onion, and caramelize the onion on a hot pan with the vegan butter. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add spinach and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, and cumin. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Blend all ingredients
- Serve with quinoa or roasted chickpeas.
- Enjoy it 🙂