Time for a refreshing recipe! Salads DO NOT have to be boring, insipid or uninteresting. Be the one in the office with the most creative salad just in time for Spring with this amazing Southwestern Tofu Salad!
Adding tofu is a great way to keep your salad light, but also a lot of flavor! The combination of liquid smoke, spices and olive oil gives this Southwestern Tofu Salad a smokey BBQ touch. Whether it’s Spring or Summer, you cannot go wrong with this salad, especially on a beautiful sunny day!
Feel free to add your favorite veggies, toppings, and dressings!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Southwestern Spicy Tofu Salad
- 14 oz of tofu
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat over at 350 degrees F.
- Drain and cut tofu into small cubes
- In a mixing bowl, gently mix the spices, liquid smoke, olive oil and tofu, until all the tofu pieces are completely covered.
- Let the tofu rest for 10 minutes.
- Gently place the tofu in a baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching each other.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Gently flip the tofu cubes, and bake for another 10-15minutes.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black beans, and favorite dressing.
- Enjoy 🙂