As the days are getting colder, our bodies are naturally more drawn to comforting and warmer foods! This Red Lentil Chickpea Curry is everything that you need while you are curled up in your blanket!
We decided to make this curry with a little bit of inspiration from Thai cuisine and flavors. The splash of lime mixed with the coconut milk and red pepper make this dish super tasty and ready to devour!
What makes this recipe even better is how simple and quick it is to whip up! Tasty meals do not have to take long to make! You just need to know how to blend ingredients together to make a delicious meal or this Red Lentil Chickpea Curry 🙂 The spices that we used bring out all kinds of different flavors that truly bring us back to Thai cuisine.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #LivinVegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Red Lentil Chickpea Curry
- 3 medium size garlic cloves
- 2 inches of hinger
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbs of chili paste
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Mince your garlic and ginger.
- Chop your red pepper in small squares.
- Sauté your garlic, ginger, and red pepper in a hot pan full of olive oil.
- After 5-10 minutes, add the coconut milk, chickpeas (without the liquid), the red lentils, and water. Stir.
- Add chili paste, paprika, cumin, brown sugar and salt. Stir.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until lentils are fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of cooked rice or quinoa.
- Garnish it off with some fresh parsley and red hot pepper for a little extra spiciness!
- Enjoy 🙂