There is nothing like a good banana bread! There are so many different versions out there, which makes banana breads that much more yummy! This time around, we decided to use poppy seeds, which give it that little extra pop as soon as you bite into it!
As vegans, baked goods are very hard to find, which is why we make it a goal to make our own vegan homemade baked goods (which taste even better anyways). There is nothing you cannot make vegan – and we are sure of that. There is no way our friends and family would be able to tell that this banana bread recipe is 100% vegan! It tastes just like your regular non-vegan banana bread, which is awesome!
Don’t be afraid to make this your own! Add in blueberries, lemon zest, or your favorite flavors. It is a perfect housewarming gift, potluck dessert, and/or comfort food! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Poppyseed Banana Bread
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbs of poppy seeds
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/3 cups mashed bananas about 3 large bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flaxseeds with 1/3 cup of water. Place on the side and wait around 5 minutes. Stir to assure well mixed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, poppyseeds, cinnamon, cloves, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently add in oil, almond milk, flaxseed egg, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
- Bake for about an hour. Let the banana bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Enjoy 🙂