If you are looking for an easy way to impress your friends or you are an avid cookie lover, we have the perfect recipe for you. These cookies are easy, fun, tasty and beautiful.
We decided to make use our own Raspberry Strawberry Chia homemade jam (which we will post in the near future), but you can use any type of jam that you love! Get creative! We would personally also use apricot, mango, guava, or pomegranate – if you are feeling adventurous or tropical!
A great thing about these cookies is that they are filling and grounding. They compliment a great breakfast, serve as a tasty snack on-the-go, or even as a house warming gift (there’s nothing better than a homemade box of cookies in our opinion). This recipe as you can tell is very versatile and fits multiple occasions. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Oatmeal PB & J Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 flaxseed egg 3 tbs of water –> 1 tbs of grounded flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan peanut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 12 tbs jam of choice 1 tbs per cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine water with flaxseeds to make your flaxseed egg. Set aside.
- Mix peanut butter and coconut oil together until lightly combined.
- Add flaxseed egg, brown sugar and mix well.
- In a food processor, pulse your oats until roughly about a flour-like consistency.
- Add ground oatmeal and flour a little bit at a time until a dough consistency.
- With a 1/2 inch scooper, get around 2 tbsp worth of dough and form them into balls. Place on baking sheet greased with oil of choice.
- Press down on each ball using your thumb to make room for the jam. Smooth the edges if necessary. (see picture above)
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Press the holes back down a little and put them back in the oven for around 3 minutes until golden. Keep an eye on them as to not overbake or burn the cookies.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes then transfer to cooling racks.
- When the cookies are cooled down, heat your jam until it loosens over the stove (medium-low heat) or in the microwave in order to pour it in the cookies. Spoon 1 tbs of jam into the thumbprints of each cookie. Let them cool!
- Enjoy 🙂