Looking for the ultimate snack or appetizer? Our Mushroom Walnut Dumplings have got you covered. With the 4th of July coming up, finger foods are just what you need right? Oh, and something quick & easy to make sure that you can enjoy all the fun outside the kitchen! These delicious dumplings will be gone in a few seconds – that’s for sure!
Even though dumplings are not traditional 4th of July food, fingers foods and sauces are! Plus, who says you have to stick to the same routine for every celebration? We love to always include different cultural dishes whenever we have gatherings. What is so great about the filling flavor is that it goes with a variety of sauces – you can make a peanut butter dip, spicy Thai sauce or just plain soy sauce!
It was our first time making dumplings and it certainly won’t be the last. They were quick and easy, but packed with amazing flavors! It’s the perfect dish to share with your loved ones or to enjoy for yourselves!
Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Mushroom Walnut Dumplings
- 12 popstickers wrappers
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- In a food processor, add mushrooms, walnuts, onion, garlic, and salt/pepper.
- Pulse until well combined.
- With room temperature water, wet the edges of the wrapper with your finger.
- Place 1 tsp of filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half.
- To close the wrapper, you are going to fold and pinch it closed around 5- 6 times. Follow this video tutorial for a visual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqgGieImME
- Place a pan on medium-low heat with cooking oil, fry your dumplings for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! 🙂