Got 15 minutes to whip up something quick for lunch or dinner? We’ve got you covered with our Mexican Black Bean Burger. With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, we are celebrating traditional Mexican ingredients vegan style! Aside from how quick and easy this black bean burger is, it’s crunchy on the outside but softer on the inside – a perfect duo for a burger if you ask us! Top it off with your favorite veggies and condiments to make it extra special.
We decided to use avocados to bring a fresh component to the burger, but that’s totally up to you. Another one of our favorite toppings is sautéed onions, which adds a sweet component to the black bean burger. Some people like to add lots of toppings, but for us, less is more! We really do like being able to taste and identify every ingredient with each bite. The great thing about toppings is that it allows you to switch up with mood of the black bean burger – dress it up according to whatever you are craving or need to get out of the fridge.
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite toppings are! Also, if you want to make this recipe gluten-free, just omit the bread crumbs. It will taste just as yummy! 🙂
If you try the recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Mexican Black Bean Burger
- 2 cans of black beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups of roasted corn
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbs of cooking oil
- 1 jalapeño chopped small
- 2 tsp of adobo paste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs Optional: omit for GF recipe
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Form your patties with a thickness of about an 1 inch.
- In a hot pan, fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy with your favorite veggies and bun! 🙂