Tabbouleh is our favorite salad to make (especially when we travel) – it’s easy, citrusy, and nutritious. Instead of wasting your money on expensive airport food, that you know you will not even enjoy, try this amazing to-go recipe that won’t kill the bank and taste just as good after it’s been made. That is the lovely part of this recipe – it lasts in the fridge for a few days and STILL tastes super yummy!
Our diets are definitely season-dependent. For example, as Spring approaches, our diet will start to shift to lighter and more refreshing foods, like this salad :). Tabbouleh is also a great light lunch or a side salad for dinner – either way it is always delicious!
For this recipe, we used bulgur, but you can use quinoa or couscous. Both would work great :). Bulgur wheat is a great plant-based source of protein, fiber, and vitamins such as manganese, iron, and magnesium.
We also decided to use mint for the freshness that it brings to this recipe. However, don’t be shy to use your favorite herbs.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Lemon Mint Tabbouleh
- 1 1/2 cups of curly parsley
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Cook the bulgur wheat and set aside to cool or put in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, chop the curly parsley, onion, mint, and cherry tomatoes (in half). When ready, place in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- When the bulgur is cool, add the bulgur to the bowl.
- Mix well to make sure the lemon juice is coating the salad.
- ENJOY IT! 🙂