There is hardly anything that is more comforting and enjoyable than a good plate of pasta (especially when it is super creamy and buttery with the best key flavor ingredients)! Our Lemon Buttery Fettuccine is a recipe that is easy to whip up in the kitchen, but also one that will have your guests guessing…. is this really vegan?? The answer is always YES! We’re ready to share our secret ingredient that makes this recipe cheesy, creamy and a definite repeater in your kitchen: nutritional yeast!
Nutritional yeast is a yellow-orange type of powder that is a wonderful plant-based replacement for cheesy and creamy flavors without any non-vegan ingredients. Better yet, it is packed with minerals, vitamins, protein and fiber and is considered a great way to give your body the boost that it needs. It is especially great for those lacking B vitamins! Nutritional yeast even contains antioxidants, which prevents cell damage that leads to chronic diseases! How amazing is that?? There are so many more benefits to nutritional yeast, but those are some of our reasons to find a way to include this amazing key ingredients in many of our recipes!
So, don’t be afraid to indulge in this beautiful plate of Lemon Buttery Pasta! It’s tasty, easy, and has many benefits that you didn’t even know about! And, we might have to add that eating pasta is good for the soul! Right?!?!
If you try the recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Lemon Buttery Fettucine
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta
- 14 oz tofu extra-firm
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of cooking wine
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbs vegan butter melted
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Handful of asparagus
- In a pot of boiling water, begin to cook your fettuccine.
- While the pasta is cooking, place tofu, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt/pepper to taste, cooking wine, water and melted vegan butter in a blender. Blend until sauce until creamy.
- In a hot pan on low heat, add sauce and reduce for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse and chop your asparagus and mushrooms.
- In another pan, cook your asparagus and mushrooms for a few minutes with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water. Mix cooked pasta with homemade sauce and cooked asparagus and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes for a little heat! 🙂
- Enjoy 🙂