Let’s be real! Nothing is better than your perfect crunchy cracker and smooth creamy guacamole – especially on those hot summer days!
Although it might be easier to grab your closest available bag of chips, these crackers are homemade, which is so important. You know exactly what is going into them – and they are quick and easy to make. No need to worry about preservatives or other unhealthy ingredients that sneak their way into your bag of chips. The benefit of making your snacks as healthy and yummy as possible is the guilt-free feeling associated with them! Trust us – these crackers will have you cracking back for more each time.
For those who follow the keto diet (or low-carb diet), these crackers are low in carbohydrates and high in deliciousness. Be creative and add your own twist to your homemade crackers! Let us know in the comments below what changes you have made or if you have tried the recipe! Also, for parents trying to get their kids off of unhealthy chips, these crackers are an amazing healthy alternative to soothe that crunching addiction.
If you try these recipes, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipes below!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 3 tbs of vegan butter melted
- 1 vegan flaxseed egg
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast Optional; for a cheesier taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, and mix until firm dough consistency is achieved. (If it is too dry, add a little bit of non-dairy milk.)
- Start mixing dough with hands. It will feel sand-like due to the almond flour, but keep mixing until a ball of dough can be formed. (It will also feel buttery, which is a good sign as it will allow the dough to stick together!)
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper and place the dough in the middle. Roll out the dough until desired thickness of crack (around 1/4 inch).
- Cut out the shape of the crackers you would like.
- Set up a baking sheet sprayed coconut oil or oil of choice.
- Be careful when transferring to the baking sheet as the dough might be crumbly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Halfway flip the crackers to get an even golden crisp coloring on each side.
- Sprinkle some more salt if you want or any other toppings!
- Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 2 limes
- Chop the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mash the avocados, and place in the mixing bowl
- Add the lime juice and salt/pepper.
- Optional: sprinkle a little olive oil on top!
- Enjoy! 🙂