I’m pretty sure that brunch (or breakfast) is our favorite time of the day – especially when there’s a warm cup of coffee involved! And let’s face it, nothing screams breakfast more than a tall stack of tasty homemade waffles soaked in pure maple syrup or topped with our Lemon Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
It is not easy to find a good vegan homemade waffle recipe, but we’ve got you covered. Many waffle recipes do not take into account that vegan waffles can stick to the waffle maker very easily!! But our recipe is perfectly tested and designed to avoid such nightmares. Our secret is adding olive oil to the batter (shhhhh). We also make sure to spray the waffle maker with olive/coconut oil to ensure that there is no sticking happening.
Let’s also take a second to discuss how much homemade jam tastes better versus store bought jam! There is ABSOLUTELY no comparison (and it takes only takes a few minutes!). Feel free to switch up our jam recipe and make it your own with your favorite berries or if you can’t decide – you can also use mixed berries!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Homemade Oat Waffles
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl, and slowly add the mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients
- Mix until batter is smoothe
- If the batter is too dry, add more almond milk. If the batter is too wet, add more oats.
- Fill the measuring cup of 1 cup with the batter for even cooked waffles
- Make sure the waffles are evenly golden brown on each side
- Enjoy ?
Lemon Raspberry Chia Seed Jam ⠀⠀
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs water
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon
- In a pot over medium-heat, add all ingredients
- Bring the jam to a boil and let the jam cool down
- Put the jam in a glass jar and leave in the fridge to store
- Enjoy 🙂