How many of us enjoy granola??? You can add it to your favorite vegan yogurt, mix it with some fresh fruit or even by itself. However, store bought granola is very expensive, not personalized (that one ingredient you wish they didn’t include) and you do not get much granola to enjoy. We got you covered!
Our Homemade Crunchy Granola recipe is super quick and easy to make, and yields a lot of granola. Another great thing about granola is that it lasts – you can store it in a closed container and it tastes just as good as the first day you made it. It also looks so beautiful, so don’t be afraid to show off your impressive cooking skills by putting in on display with a see-through container in your kitchen. Your guests will definitely be asking for the recipe – trust us! 😉
Personalize, personalize, personalize! Although we are sharing our Homemade Crunchy Granola recipe, add your own favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit! If you do so, just make sure that your nuts and seeds go in the oven with the oats, and that the dried fruit is added after baking is done! We would love to hear what ingredients you are putting in your own granola – share in the comments below or on our Instagram page!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #LivinVegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Homemade Crunchy Granola
- 5 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups of sliced almonds
- 2 cups of shaved coconut
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds; no salt
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds; no salt
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, almonds, shaved coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and salt.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combined pure maple syrup and melted coconut. Add the mixture to the larger mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- On a large baking sheet, place some parchment paper or baking sheet. Place the granola on the baking sheet, while spreading it out evenly. (You might need more than one baking sheet)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 45 minutes (or until golden), while moving the granola around every 10 minutes.
- Once the granola is ready, you can add the dried apricots, cherries, and golden raisins. Stir well.
- Let the granola cool down.
- Enjoy 🙂