First day of the Summer!!! What better way to start the new season than to share a recipe that features fresh seasonal fruit. When Spring/Summer comes around, we love to go to our local farmer’s market to see what fruits and veggies are being sold! It’s so nice to see all the vibrant and beautiful colors, but also to get to know more about how your food is being sourced. Ask if your produce is organic and what standards/practices do they use – one of the best perks of shopping in a local market!
So, we’re sharing our Homemade Blueberry Scones recipe based on finding beautiful fresh organic blueberries at our local market in Buffalo! They were so tasty that we saved some to eat fresh and the rest to bake. These scones are a must make recipe for the Summer – with every bite comes a pop of blueberry that is unbearably delicious! These scones are the best served next to a warm cup of coffee as a snack or even breakfast – honestly, we can eat and enjoy them at any time of the day.
In the recipe, we added an optional step to coat the scones with non-dairy milk and sprinkle some cane sugar. This gives them the opportunity to get even more golden, which is so important. Don’t forget that we don’t only eat with our taste buds, but also our eyes! Golden baked goods = yumminess! Right?
Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Homemade Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 6 tbs of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter melted
- 1 cup of blueberries fresh
- 2 tbs of cane sugar optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Sift the flour to avoid clumps! Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly fold in the fresh blueberries to the batter.
- Gently mold the batter into a wheel around 2 inches thick. Cut the wheel into 8 equal pieces.
- Place scones on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Before placing in the oven, coat the scones with non-dairy milk and sprinkle some cane sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until fully baked.
- Let scones cool down before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂