Spring calls for Spring flavors! As we enter a new season, our diet starts shifting to lighter and brighter ingredients. This Creamy Rigatoni Primavera recipe is the best way to ease into this transition. With the warmth and cheesiness of the dish paired with the bright cherry tomatoes and spinach, you are on the right track to embracing Spring (not that we have any problems saying goodbye to Winter in Buffalo)!
The key to making this rigatoni creamy and cheesy is by including the nutritional yeast. It is full of key nutrients with essential vitamins that we all need. Depending on where you get your nutritional yeast, some will be cheesier than others or some will have more of a beer-like taste! Try different brands or kinds of nutritional yeasts to find the one that you like the most!
The addition of the cashews in the cheesy sauce reminds us of a parmesan-like texture, which stays true to traditional Italian cuisine. It adds a different dimension to the texture of the pasta with the roasted red peppers, bright cherry tomatoes, and silky spinach.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Creamy Rigatoni Primavera
- 16 oz rigatoni 1 box
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers julienne
- 2 handfulls spinach
- Boil pasta until cooked al dente.
- In a food processor, add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pulse until parmesan-like consistency is achieved.
- In a pan, add olive oil and garlic cloves. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Add cherry tomatoes and roasted red peppers to the pan. Fry for another 5 minutes, while mixing.
- Add cooked pasta and non-dairy milk to the pan. Mix well.
- Add parmesan-like dust from the food processor to the pan. Stir well without breaking the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes on medium temperature.
- Fold in the spinach when you are ready to serve!
- Enjoy 🙂