As the days get colder, Gabriel and I are always making different types of soups to keep us warm. This Creamy Fall Pumpkin Soup is EXACTLY what you need on a cold Fall day – it’s heartwarming, dense, and delicious! Pumpkin is our staple Fall flavor – no doubt about it! From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to our Savory Seasoned Pumpkin Seeds recipe, we cannot get enough of it!
Did we mention that this recipe is SO easy to make? It is sure to impress your friends and family – so make sure it is on the list of recipes for your friends-giving/Thanksgiving. To make it look extra sophisticated and appealing, garnish your soup bowls with a drizzle of coconut milk and olive oil. And don’t forget a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Let us know how much your guests (and you) love this recipe in the comments below or on our Instagram page.
What soups do you look forward to making during the Fall? 🙂
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Creamy Fall Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cups of diced pie pumpkin 1 small pie pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp of parsley
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the skin off the pumpkin and roughly chop the pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkin on the baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil.
- Add the dried parsley and salt before placing in the oven
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is baking, roughly chop the onion.
- Place olive oil in a pot on medium heat with the onions. Cook until the onions are caramelized.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add 3 cups of water and 3 cups of vegetable broth.
- Add the baked pumpkin right after you add the liquid (water/broth), and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, and salt/pepper. Stir properly.
- Using a hand blender (or any blender you have available), blend the soup to have a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Drizzle some coconut milk, olive oil and red pepper flakes to top off the creamy pumpkin soup.
- Enjoy 🙂