What are your favorite cookies? Ours are these delicious chocolate chip cookies, and yes – they are even better than non-vegan cookies. These chocolate chip cookies are our new addiction. The chewiness of the dough, and the sweetness of the melted chocolate chips are to die for!! P.S. For all my dough eaters out there, this vegan raw dough is delicious, and it’s super safe to eat.
Impress your friends, family or coworkers with these easy to make vegan cookies. We bet you will be convincing everyone who tries them that they are completely vegan!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil (make sure it is not melted), brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk together until a mixed consistency is achieved.
- Add the coconut milk and applesauce. Whisk until properly combined, and when done; leave it on the side.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix very well – the cookie dough will be tough/thick.
- Throw in 1 and 1/2 cups of vegan chocolate chips.
- Using 1/2 inch scooper, place balls of the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Make sure to leave enough space between each ball of cookie dough.
- Leave in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet before removing them.
- ENJOY IT! 🙂