What does one need on a rainy spring day? Something comforting, refreshing, and warm! Indulge in this delicious Chickpea Quinoa Curry to satisfy your needs! The refreshing hint of lime, and the warmth of the chickpeas and quinoa will make this dish your to-go-to healthy comfort food meal.
Let’s be honest – the magic ingredient in this dish is quinoa. It is so versatile, and can be used in so many types of dishes (soups, stews, salads, etc.). It is the ingredient that keeps on giving! It definitely has to be one of our favorite ingredients to cook with. Despite its abundance of nutrients and health benefits, warm quinoa can be extremely comforting especially on those cold rainy days!
What are some of the ways you like to include quinoa in your diet? Do you have any favorites that you always go to? What quinoa recipes would you like to see us post next? What other ingredients do you gravitate to when you need a little extra comfort? Share all of your thoughts in the comments below!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Chickpea Quinoa Curry
- 1 1/2 cups of germinated chickpeas *canned chickpeas will vary cooking time
- 6 cups of water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup of chopped onions or 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tbs of oil
- 1 cup of celery
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- Cook chickpeas with water, bay leaves, garlic and onion in a pot for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add 1 cup of quinoa. Cook for another 10 minutes .
- Add 2 cups of chopped carrots, and cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Add celery, curry powder, cumin and dried thyme. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cilantro about 3 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂