Warmer weather is already on its way and we want to make sure that you are all prepared! No time for recipe hunting when you can soon enjoy the warmth of the sun with your friends and family. These Chewy Almond Cookie Nice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect way to gear up for the Spring and Summer – no time to waste!
It is so hard to decide what’s yummier: the chewy almond cookies or the vanilla nice cream – the perfect dilemma if you ask us (it will make you go bananas – no pun intended)! The cookies are so chewy, but have the perfect consistency of soft/hard to make the best nice cream sandwich. And, the fluffiness of the vanilla nice cream fits perfectly between the chewy almond cookies.
Are you ready for the extra bonuses? The chewy almond cookies are gluten free, low carb and have NO refined sugars! Check, check, check! We promise you that you’ll be making these almond cookies on their own – we definitely plan on it (like tomorrow). Healthy and yummy for the win!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Chewy Almond Cookie Nice Cream Sandwiches
Chewy Almond Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbs pure maple syrup
- 4 tsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Vanilla Nice Cream
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs coconut milk
- Pre-heat the oven at 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In the same mixing bowl, add wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, separate the dough into 8 equal parts in the form of a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are golden and cracked .
- Cool the cookies down before putting the nice cream in the middle.
Vanilla Nice Cream
- In a food processor, add the frozen bananas, vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Place the nice cream in the freezer for 2-3 hours before placing on the cookies.
- Sandwich the nice cream in the middle of two yummy almond vanilla cookies.