As we gear up for Super Bowl Sunday, we wanted to show all of you that there is no need to miss out on comfort food and party snacks! And let’s be honest… we can eat pizza all year round – no matter what the occasion is!
What is so awesome about this recipe is that the crust is so crunchy and soft at the same time – it’s everything and more that you need in a crust. It’s so important to have a good crust – no matter what pizza you are making! We also made sure we seasoned the pizza dough properly to get as much flavor as possible.
Now on to the toppings… we decided to use shredded non-dairy cheese, which you could find at your local grocery store! However, the secret is our homemade vegan parmesan cheese, which is blended nutritional yeast and slivered almond! You will not regret throwing it on top of your pizza! And let’s not forget freshly shredded basil, which adds that more natural and refreshing component to the pizza. Feel free to add your favorite toppings and ingredients – we have a feeling that our next pizza will have mushrooms on top!
If you try this recipe, make sure to let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #LivinVegan on Instagram!
Check out the recipe below!
Cast Iron Cheesy Pizza
Ingredients for Pizza:
- 1 3/4 cups of warm water
- 1 packet of fast acting yeast
- 2 tbs of sugar
- 4 tbs of olive oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp of dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp of dried parsley leaves
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup of pizza tomato sauce
- 3 cups of shredded non-dairy cheese of your choice
Ingredients for Vegan Parmesan Cheese:
- 3 tbs of nutritional yeast
- 3 tbs of slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
Instructions for Pizza:
- In a bowl, add warm water, yeast and 1/2 tsp of sugar. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes or until it bubbles.
- In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and the remaining of the sugar. Mix well.
- Add olive oil and the activated yeast (our first mixing bowl) and mix well.
- Make a ball out of the dough and leave in the mixing bowl. Place in a warm environment and cover with a kitchen cloth for about 1 hour – 1.5 hours. Watch your dough grow 😉
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out your dough in the shape of your cast iron pan.
- Grease the cast iron pan with oil of choice.
- Put pizza tomato sauce and shredded cheese on the dough.
- Place the pizza in the oven for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
- When the pizza is done, place shredded basil on the top of your pizza.
- Dust it off with our Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese!
- Enjoy 🙂
Instructions for Vegan Parmesan Cheese:
- Blend all ingredients together in small mixer
- Enjoy 🙂