This creamy soup is the perfect recipe for those long winter days, or when you are stuck in the middle of a snowstorm (like we currently are)! However, if you ask us what’s the best part about this soup, is that it is super delicious, comforting and easy to make. It’s rich corn flavor will have you impatiently waiting for the summer to come around.
Don’t be shy to garnish it with your favorites toppings, or to add your twist to the recipe. Cooking is all about experimenting, and making things your own – especially with what you find in your local farmers market. Let us know if you try this recipe or make it your own – we would love to hear from you!
Check out the recipe below!
Creamy Corn Chowder
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 4 cups of fresh corn or frozen corn
- 2 cup of non-dairy milk
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of flour
- 2 peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup of celery
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- In a large pot, caramelize the diced onion with olive oil.
- Once onions are caramelized, add the corn, and wait till golden. This will increase the flavor profile.
- Add the non-dairy milk, and bring to a boil.
- Add flour, and stir until dissolved.
- Add the vegetable broth, and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots and celery, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your spices.
- Let the soup rest for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the soup in the blender, and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- Mix the creamy blended soup with the original soup.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
- ENJOY IT! 🙂