Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! It is so important to start your day with positive energy and great delicious food to help. These Broccoli Tater Tots are exactly what you need to start off the weekend or even your week! They are simple, easy, yummy and a great breakfast on-the-go (if you are in a rush, like most of us are on a Monday!).
We decided to pair these tater tots with a vegan sriracha mayo sauce, but you can use your favorite sauce or condiment. Any type of sauce will work great with these delicious tater tots – we were also thinking of making a lemon garlic aioli!
Switching up your breakfast from what we are all used to is so much fun, creative, and inspiring! It’s so easy to fall into the routine of making the same recipes over and over again. Give these new Broccoli Tater Tots a try, and let us know how they turned out!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Broccoli Tater Tots
- 2 medium-sized broccoli heads
- 1 tsp of salt to release the moisture
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp of liquid aminos
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- Steam the broccoli until medium-hard, and roughly chop to place in food processor.
- Place blended broccoli in a bowl with salt. Let it rest for 5 minutes – to help remove the moisture a lot easier.
- With a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth, drain the water of out the blended broccoli so that the tatter tots do not fall apart later on.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into tater tots, and press them together so that they do not fall apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce! 🙂