We’ve always wanted to make scones, but we always anticipated it to be hard! However, to our surprise, this recipe was definitely easy, quick, and painless. Baking should be fun and VERY TASTY! 😉
Another reason why we are so in love with this recipe is that it is very healthy! Instead of using all-purpose flour, we went for almond flour, which is richer but a lot healthier. We also decided to use pure maple syrup for some extra sweetness to substitute for regular bleached sugar. By including healthier and more whole ingredients, you can feel a little less guilty for having one or two… maybe three! 🙂
For those following the keto diet, this recipe is very keto friendly. All you need to do is replace the maple syrup for stevia extract or enjoy nature’s sweetness from the blueberries! #keto #ketodiet
Don’t forget to top these delicious scones off with roasted almonds! Feel free to make your own toppings!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Blueberry Almond Scones
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 vegan flaxseed egg
- 2 tbs of almond milk
- 2 tbs of maple syrup Omit to stay keto or use liquid stevia
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients with the exception of the blueberries until well combined.
- Mix wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Slowly add in the blueberries. It’s easier to use frozen blueberries since they are not as fragile.
- Once your dough is ready, shape it into a flat circular shape.
- Cut the circular shaped dough, into triangles that will soon become your delicious scones!
- Spray your parchment paper with a little bit of coconut oil, and place your scones on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown – this will all depend on how thick your scones are.
- Once they are out of the oven, let your scones rest for a couple minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂