If you are desperate need of the summer to come already, this recipe will help you out just a bit 😉 As vegans, it is important that we do not miss out on all the fun when summer rolls around. We do not have to give up on BBQs, beach parties, or poolside food. Indulge in these bright beet burgers that will have all your friends jelly!
If you need more reasons to try out this recipe, let’s dive into the benefits that beets have to offer. Beets naturally help oxygenate our blood, stimulate overall liver function, and increase colon health. Full of antioxidants, calcium, iron, magnesium and fiber, beets are known to be a superfood. Do you love beets just as much as we do?
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Beet Carrot Chickpea Burger
- 4 beets
- 5 large carrots
- 1 can of chickpeas without chickpea brine
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of vegan bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel the carrots and beets. Steam the veggies until fully cooked.
- Drain a can of chickpeas.
- In a food processor, pulse carrots, beets, chickpeas, and garlic until roughly mixed.
- In a mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs, cumin, cayenne, ginger, and salt/pepper to the beet mixture. Mix well.
- Using a 1-inch scooper, scoop two balls and form them into medium-sized patties. If you like your patties thicker, add an extra scoop!
- Place patties on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a darker color is achieved.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, and maybe some potato wedges on the side 😉
- Enjoy it! 🙂