Looking for a perfect snack for your favorite sports games on TV or for a movie night? We have got the perfect recipe for you! This finger food recipe is ADDICTIVE – don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Although we are careful with how much fried food we consume, everything in moderation is our motto. In order to balance out the oils in this recipe, we decided to go with a dipping sauce that was fresh and tangy – avocados, cilantro, lemon and salt/pepper! A very simple dipping sauce that brings the Beer Battered Tofu Sticks to a whole new level. Feel free to come up with your own favorite dipping sauce and let us know what you came up with – we love to hear what everyone is cooking up in their kitchen!
The Beer Battered Tofu Sticks are crunchy and FULL of flavor! The outside batter layer resembles Fish & Chips (even though this was not our intention 😛 ) – it is maybe the best way to explain it. There is nothing better than impressing your family, guests or even yourself with a recipe that is quick and easy, while keeping that WOW factor with every single bite.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the recipe below!
Beer Battered Tofu Sticks
- 28 oz of extra-firm tofu pressed overnight or 6 hours
- 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 tbs of corn starch
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups of beer of choice we used Stella Artois
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Before starting the recipe, you need to get all of the liquid out from the tofu. Start by wrapping the tofu in a clean kitchen towel and putting something heavy on top (we used one of our heavy pots). Keep overnight or for 6 hours before unwrapping the tofu.
- Cut the tofu in stick shapes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In the same mixing bowl, add your beer of choice. Depending on the beer that you choose it might alter the flavor of the recipe. We used Stella Artois since it was a light beer. If the batter is too dry, feel free to add more beer, but make sure it is NOT to runny. Mix well.
- Coat your tofu sticks with the batter.
- In a pan, heat up your oil and start frying away.
- Set aside – preferably on a paper towel to catch any excess oil.
- Enjoy 🙂