There is nothing like a bright beautiful salad that is filling enough for you throughout your work day and that sparks the beginning of Spring & Summer. We always try to keep our salads interesting with different ingredients and different dressings. It’s so important to get all the nutrients you need through fresh veggies and fruits that are in season.
What’s also great is that salads are super easy to make if you need to meal prep for a busy week. You can store this salad with the dressing on the side and it’ll be good for the whole school or work week. Convenient and easy meals that taste good are always a score in our book!
The dressing is so practical and it can be used for so many different types of salads. The sesame oil mixed with the acidity of the vinegars is a perfect combination that highlights asian flavors. You can make the dressing in bulk as well and store it in your fridge for whenever you need to resort to making a quick salad with a healthy homemade dressing.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Feel free to ask questions, write comments, and use our hashtag #livinvegan on Instagram! We love to hear from you all!
Check out the #recipe below!
Asian-Inspired Parsley Salad
- 2 1/2 cups cavatelli pasta cooked
- 2 cups parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 2 cans chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 2 tbs sesame seeds optional
- 2 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all salad ingredients. Make sure your parsley and onions are very finely chopped.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix all of your dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients.
- Enjoy 🙂